Since 2015, we have been focused on reducing the stigma surrounding HIV on an international scale.
Youth Across Borders is a volunteer based organization that creates mutually beneficial cross-cultural experiences for children and young adults living with HIV. Through education, YAB raises awareness and reduces stigma. YAB offers opportunities by sharing life experience as a means of fostering collaboration, hope, and contribution, locally and internationally.
What We've Achieved
- Led 4 service teams to a group home for children living with HIV in Honduras
- Sponsored 21 Youth Ambassadors
- Facilitated projects that improved the facilities at Montana de Luz
- Brought education and workshops to the children that we visited
- Featured photography taken by the children at an art show at Columbus College of Art and Design
- Youth Ambassadors have taken the message of YAB and HIV prevention to high school health classes
Listen to one of our volunteers, Jen, speak about the impact of Youth Across Borders: